Wednesday 7 September 2016

The one in which my adored makeup bits make an appearance | BEAUTY

I've come to realise that I fall into the trap of bullshit advertising too easily. YouTube beauty videos have raided my wallet for a bit too long and I've decided to take a huge step back and use simple, cost-friendly makeup products that I actually may be able to finish. 

Growing up, I always had good luck with my skin. I hardly ever broke out and or had skin concerns. But all that has changed. A couple of months ago, I started having breakouts around my cheeks. At first, I ignored it but my cheeks became itchy and red. I stayed away from makeup and used a prescribed serum which is slowing getting rid of the scarring but I missed my makeup routine. So I rummaged through my makeup stash and rekindled my love for some products that have made wearing makeup simple and are kind to my skin. 


1. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Teint | I have a whole blog post dedicated to this product. I love it that much. It's light, covers a decent amount without looking cakey and smells like heaven.

2. Bare Minerals Stroke Of Light | This was a random purchase I made at Mecca but it had been an amazing find! I went for a shade lighter than my skin tone and use it under my eyes, on my nose, cheekbones and forehead to give a light and natural highlight. It's easy to blend and doesn't crease.

3. NYX Tame & Frame Eyebrow Pomade | I just started filling in my brows and OMG my life is forever changed! I've always had bold eyebrows so I never thought about filling them in but I took a chance at a BeneFit counter once and tried some Ka-Brow and it was amazing! However, I wasn't going to buy a product with that price tag unless I loved the whole brow thing. REVELATION! I freaking love it! Highly recommended this and always use a spoolie after applying any product of your brows to spread it out ane make it even.

4. Maybelline Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara | A simple, easy to use mascara that works easily and gives longer lashes. No drama.

5. Zoeva Blush in Burning Up | I don't use this every day as I don't like to accentuate my acne scarring in my cheeks but sometimes when I feel a bland, I like to add a bit of this peachy brown shade. It's a sheer colour and blends well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment